Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Dill Dip !!!
Paul Prudhomme said:
“You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. “
TRUE … These fritters are the prove .
They are easy to make, low in calories and with perfect taste .Packed withthe right flavors they will definitely please adults and children.
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ Cup fresh basil; we grown our own, but you can find it at any grocery store
- ¼ cup fresh oregano. Ditto
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 organic eggs or ‘Flax Egg’
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
Avocado dip base
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- grate zucchini
- place zucchini in a colander set in the sink
- toss with 1/2 teaspoons salt
- let it sit for 10 minutes
- wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel
- put the zucchini in a large bowl
- mix in egg, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, onion powder, salt and pepper
- slowly add flour
- stir so no lumps form
- heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat
- the oil must sizzles when you drop zucchini mixture into the pan
- drop about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture into pan;
- cook fritters until golden, 2 to 3 minutes
- lower heat to medium
- turn fritters,
- continue cooking until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more
- transfer fritters to a plate
- set aside in a warm place
- cook remaining zucchini mixture
- add more oil to pan if necessary.
You can add a ½ cup of finely chopped kale or spinach!
You can also try this recipe:
We are what we eat ,so eat well …