Reasons Why Epsom Salt Should Be In Every Home !!!
Epsom salt ioffers a wide range of uses, from soothing sore muscles, benefiting health and improving a gardener’s crops to household cleaning, enhancing beauty and more.
It was discovered in the 17th century, first distilled from the water of a bitter saline spring at Epsom, in Surrey, England.
What is Epsom salt?
Epsom salt is different from traditional salt and is composed of tiny, colorless crystals that look like table salt, but it’s actually a completely different thing, as table salt is made up of sodium chloride. Magnesium sulfate is a mineral that many of us are lacking in, as levels have been decreasing over the last three to four decades around the world.
The lack of this important nutrient in our bodies is due to a combination of issues, including over development of agricultural land that leaches essential minerals like magnesium and other trace elements from the soil, the overuse of prescription medications, the consumption of processed and fast foods, and more. All of these things take a toll, depleting our body of magnesium, which is one of the reasons Epsom salt can be an important part of improving one’s health. It’s also a natural anti-inflammatory and exfoliant that can be used for treating muscle aches and dry skin. Soak in a warm bath with a cupful of Epsom salt, to enjoy its renowned therapeutic and healing properties, inside and out.
This article reveals twenty of the best ways to use your tub of Epsom salt…
1. Preserve Normal Blood Sugar Level
- Raised magnesium levels reinforce heart and also cardiovascular vessels by promoting the flow as well as lowering the blood stress. Magnesium likewise aids your thinking using the hormone insulin much better. It also sustains the calcium level in your organism.
- Sulphates stimulate the production of digestion enzymes in the pancreas as well as clean your body.
- Epsom salt eliminates poisons as well as heavy metals from cells, soothing muscular tissue discomfort as well as aiding your body to purge any sort of harmful material out.
2. Detoxify Your Body
- Epsom salt can aid you flush poisons from your organism.
- The magnesium contained detoxes the cells efficiently.
- It could aid you purify your body of environmental pollutants that affect your health and wellness.
- Make your own good and soothing detoxification bath.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water as well as mix in 1-2 cups of Epsom salt.
- Soak in for 10-15 minutes.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
3. Make Bruises go Away
- Use Epsom salt to discolor bruises.
- Soak a clean cloth in some cold Epsom salt solution – 2 tbsps each cup
- apply the compress on your skin.
4. Treat Sunburns
- Epsom salt relieves sunburned skin.
- Use it every time you spend excessive time on the beach.
- It has sturdy anti-inflammatory properties that can minimize moderate sunburn inflammations, consisting of itching as well as pain.
- Epsom salt can help you maintain an even skin tone.
- For sunburned hands and legs, dissolve 2 tbsps of Epsom salt in a cup of water. Keep the solution in a spray container and also spray the afflicted area every time you need it. Leave the solution on for 10 minutes, and take a shower. Repeat this therapy a number of times a week for optimum results.
- Fill your tub with lukewarm water and stir in a cup of Epsom salt. Add some lavender essential oil and also soak in for about 20 mins.
5. Bug Control
- Epsom salt is the very best solution for you if you seek for a natural insect repellent.
- Sprinkle some Epsom salt on the lawn to control insects.
- This will not harm the yard and it is totally safe and toxic-free.
- You can also sprinkle some dry Epsom salt to eliminate any type of slugs and snails.
- Plants and herbs truly like Epsom salt. Put some Epsom salt in the dirt around your plants to make them pleased.
- This functions terrific during growing year, and also the plants will offer you the most lovely and also long-lasting blossoms.
- Roses, tomatoes, hand trees and also peppers are the top fans of Epsom salt!
7. Body Scrub
- Scrub your skin making use of some Epsom salt after your shower.
- This will assist you remove any type of dead skin cells, and your skin will certainly be extremely soft and smooth.
8. Relieve Insect Bites
- Stir a quarter cup of Epsom salt in a cup of warm water.
- let the remedy to cool in your refrigerator
- apply it on cotton pad
- apply the cotton pad on the insect bites.
- soothe your pain as well as itchiness.
9. Eliminate Splinters
- Epsom salt has the capacity to boost the osmotic stress on the skin,
- it attract any kind of foreign bodies towards the area
- dissolve a cup of Epsom salt in your bath tub and soak the affected area.
10. Keep the Plants in Your House Healthy
- 1-2 tbsps of Epsom salt per gallon of water are fairly enough to nurture the plants in your home.
11. Ease Muscle Pain
- The preferred Epsom salt detox bath can relieve muscle discomfort and tightness.
12. Promote Digestion
- Epsom salt is very good for the digestive system.
- use it as a laxative for soften stool, making it easier to pass
- add 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salt to a cup of warm water
- consume it on empty stomach
- do this once a day
- consult your doctor before using this remedy because it can cause some side effects like vomiting, nausea, diarrhea and gastrointestinal irritation.
13. Treat cold and flu
- recover much faster from the flu, using hot bath with Epsom salt. This will help in fighting against infections too.
14. Sleep better
- use a bath with Epsom salt an hour before sleeping, will provide you a better sleep
- add a cup of baking soda and a cup of Epsom salt in your bathtub and enjoy.
15. Get rid of foot odor
- eliminate the comfortless odor, pain and heavy legs feeling with the help of Epsom salt
- drown your feet in warm water with Epsom salt added in
- keep them in for 20 minutes to improve your blood circulation, diminish inflammation and soften your feet skin.
16. Remove burnt food from your pots and pans
- If you overcooked your meal, use few tablespoons of Epsom salt
- rub the pots and pans with some hot water and soap.
17. Grow your flowers, fruits and vegetable better
- put some Epsom salt around the plants.
18. Improve nerve function
- regulate electrolytes
- Magnesium will maintain the needed calcium level in your blood, which is the main conductor for the electrical current.
19. Epsom salt delivers sulfates
- the sulfates can be only absorbed through the skin
- the sulfates are the key for the formation of the brain tissue, joint protein and mucin protein that line walls of the digestive tract
- the generating of digestive enzymes is simulated from the sulfates, which job is aiding in the removal of medicine leftover and environmental contaminants
- sulfates are vital shaping brain tissue, pancreas stimulation and producing mucin and joint protein.
Stay happy and healthy …