Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey (Recipe)
“A perfectly seasoned and juicy turkey. My friend gave me this recipe and since that day my thanksgiving turkey is always the best .You can try and thank me later!”
- 1 (18 pound) whole turkey,
- neck and giblets removed
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- melted 2 large onions
- peeled and chopped 4 carrots
- peeled and chopped 4 stalks celery
- chopped 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry white wine.
How to make it:
- rub the turkey inside and out with the kosher salt ,
- place it in a large stock pot,
- cover with cold water
- put it in the refrigerator so the turkey will soak in the salt and water mixture
- let it sit 12 overnight
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C),
- rinse the turkey,
- discard the brine mixture
- brush the turkey with 1/2 the melted butter
- put the breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan
- stuff the turkey cavity with: 1 onion, 1/2 the carrots,1/2 the celery, 1 sprig of thyme, and the bay leaf.
- put the remain vegetables around the bottom of the roasting pan,
- cover with the white wine
- roast uncover for about 4 hours in the preheated oven at 180 degrees F (85 degrees C)
- turn the turkey breast side up about 2/3 through the roasting time
- brush with the remaining butter and let it stand out for about 30 minutes before carving.
- Serve and enjoy .
Bonn Appetite …